2014 marked some of the most amaze-tastic innovations and new beauty products to ever hit shelves.
Both Sephora and Ulta had some out of this world, high value (at a price mama likey) holiday gift sets. The palette scene hit the bulls eye with amazing makeup artist collabs from Anastasia Beverly Hills (the Maya Mia, Amrezy and Tamanna palettes) and Kylie Jenner wins the “world is obsessed with your lips” award. That mauve color though–yes, it’s addicting. Gucci started their own makeup line and Louboutin does sexy-as-hell nail polishes now. The takeaway: hold onto your makeup-loving britches, betches.
The beauty world gifted us some pretty awesome products this year:
- – Makeup Forever HD Cream Blushes- the best long wearing, highly pigmented cream blush I’ve found to date. (see my review here)
- – L’Oreal Collection Privee Lipsticks- in my opinion, the best drugstore lipstick collection of the year. (see my review here)
- – Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation- dewy foundation done right–no oil slick in sight and super blendable.
- – Anastasia Beverly Hills Amrezy Palette- my favorite of the 3 Anastasia palettes released this year–love the warm neutral colors inside.
- – Juicy Couture Gold Couture Perfume- Notes of amber, vanilla and musky sexiness made this my ride or die scent since the fall season. (see my review here)
- – Don’t Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me by Paula Begoun- an incredible reference guide of every beauty brand and product imaginable. She tells you which products are worth it and which ones are complete duds.
- – Peter Thomas Roth Rose Stem Cell Cleansing Gel- the best face wash I’ve ever used–makes my skin look refreshed, brighter and cleaner than ever. (see my review here)
- – Makeup Forever HD Foundation- an old cult favorite of MUFE fans that I only discovered this year. A medium coverage, buildable foundation that gives off a stunning, skin-like appearance.
- – NARS Audacious Lipsticks, NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer & NARS Dual Intensity Eyeshadows– NARS blew every brand out of the park this year with its incredible innovations and product releases unto beauty world. A standing ovation for creating my new favorite lipsticks, concealer, and metallic eyeshadows. (see my review here)
- – Mario Badescu Rose Facial Spray- the best facial refresher for those hot, icky days and a great way to prevent that over-powdered look. Smells incredible too.
- – Eye Kandy Glitters- the shiniest, most dazzling glitters I’ve ever laid my eyes on. Not new to 2014, but new to me.
- – Too Faced Everything Nice Palette- the best holiday gift set for its value I’ve ever seen. A palette of gorgeous eyeshadows, 2 blushes, a bronzer, a highlighter, and a cute glittery makeup bag? Count me in.
- – Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette & Tarte Pin Up Girl Amazonian Clay Blush Palette– the 2 best blush palettes of the year in my humble opinion. Super pigmented, long lasting and wonderful colors made these two sure-fire winners in my book.
- – Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Palette- the best contour palette of the year which sparked a huge influx of brands creating their own version. Nothing beats this original though.
- – The Kylie Jenner Lip Trend- my literal obsession since the summer of this past year. Call me basic, but mauve lips are the best thing since, well–the 90’s. My favorites were MAC Soar lip liner with Maybelline “Warm Me Up” or NARS Audacious Lipstick in “Anna.”
- – Gerard Cosmetics Lip Glosses- lip glosses I finally got my hands on recently and can’t put down. I love the innovative light on the inside and mirror on the side for easy to-go applications.
Happy highlights from my own year:
- – Invited to the Makeup Forever Press event at the Dallas, Texas store location for the release of their new HD cream blushes.
- – Graduated from university with an advertising, fashion media, and french degree.
- – Got engaged, found out I was pregnant, got married–in that order. Whirlwind of craziness! Follow my journey here, here, here, here and here.
- – Decided to kill my old blog, The Beauty Book (never liked the name and was also the name of a cancer research website) and launch a fresher, re-vamped, self-titled blog, Anne-Marie Mitchell. The move from Blogger to WordPress was daunting, but literally the best decision ever (big thank you to Kristy from 3 Peppers for the incredible help and design). I also knew I wanted to create a sort of “brand” out of my own name so I could also cover lifestyle topics like parenting, home decor, DIY, etc.
- – Gave birth to my cutie-pie, big baby nugget at a whopping 9 lbs, 12 oz.
- – Went to The Makeup Show Orlando–attended a bridal makeup class taught by celebrity makeup artist, Orlando Santiago. Saw Patrick Starrr across the room and stared like a deer in headlights. Goal to actually talk to him next time–ha!
- – Won the TEMPTU #DaynNight contest for the best day makeup look (was literally SO surprised at this one–thank you to all who voted!)
What were some of your favorite products from this year?